Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Nuc progress and other fascinating tales....



Fred: 'What the <BLEEEEP> do you want?'
Me: Could you, um, maybe file my invoices and bills, please? You know, that pile there?
Fred: Not a chance, biped. My job description involves alarm barks and
napping in cute positions. That's it, capiche?
Me: Well, if you could--
Fred: Do I need to talk to HR again? 'Cause I'll go straight to HR.
 

Sunflowers are coming up. Squash, too.
Our top bar is cranking along very well. The nuc that we
put in almost two weeks ago has created new comb
on empty bars.


On the left are two foundation frames with the original nuc comb.
The two on the right are newly constructed comb, built on empty
hive bars.


Inside the top bar. Looks like the floor of the NYSE. So, uh, how's honey trading?

Holy crap. They're line dancing.
But girls, come on. To 'Achy Breaky Heart'? Really?
 
Our Lady of Perpetual Watering.
 

The nuc we used to replace the weak colony last week might very well be ready
for a super by early next week. They are doing stellarly. But oooo lawd, is everyone
there touchy! The summer brood are way more aggressive than the wintered over crop.
I had one lose a stinger in my suit sleeve. And I had only just been
marveling at the butt-folding dance I thought she'd been doing.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...