Wednesday, September 14, 2011

I know...it's been so long!


Funneling the peach-habanero jam into 1/2 pints!

 I know, I know...it's been so long since I've posted (sorry for the long lag in news, Bob! And thank you for the gobs receipes you sent! I'll make them very soon and send some in with Michael for sharing purposes).

We've been travelin', which I'll get into on Friday (with photographic illustrations, no less). But even before our trip, we got unusually busy. Wanna read the whole tale? You can read of our new car adventures and my week of insanity here by clicking on the hyperlinked text.

Tonight, though, we're back in the swing of things...making this hot business called peach-habanero jam, using pepers we ourselves grew and peaches we picked up at McDannell's Fruit Farm on the way back home.
In the canner for a 10-minute bath.


Bun wipes the rims, so the lid truly seals.
  We followed this receipe for the jam, and it is every bit as hot as it sounds. And we added neither extra pith nor seeds. 

Keep on scrolling for a rainbow. No, seriously. There's a rainbow below...

Amazing. We saw a double rainbow on our way back to PA from Mount Vernon!
We just got back from Williamsburg, VA on Monday.
I promise to post trip pictures on Friday. Promise.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...