Monday, July 25, 2011

And on Sunday and Monday....

 On Sunday, while Michael checked the bees, I picked a mound of beans. We also several healthy piles of purple and candy-striped beets, tobascos, jalapenos, and hot banana peppers. Tomatoes are just starting to come into season, too....and I'm excited to see that my zucchini plant is back after the searing heat has abated. It was sprouting nothing but orange-colored dwarf squash, but it's back to making zuchs again.

And on Monday night (that is, tonight!), we used our Food Saver to pack away some beans for the freezer. And while we ate dinner, I made some quick bread from a very overripe banana and 2 cups of shredded zucchini. I also used some super-dark brown sugar (not the light business they sell you in the grocery store, but the good stuff, with extra residual molasses). Yum.



Beans, blanching.


Zucchini-Banana Bread, with extra dark brown sugar


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...