Friday, July 22, 2011

What's happening today?

It's full-tilt here on Kings Creek, even though it's Michael's day off. Upstairs, I've been making habanero-orange marmalade and zucchini-honey cake (pics, of course, below). Also, I made some zuch-and-cuke soup, but in terms of photos, that's somewhat less exciting than jam and baked things. Michael's been in the fruit cellar, getting things ready for canning season. Look, it's so orderly again!
Downstairs, Michael's been cleaning up the fruit cellar
to prepare for this season's batch of new canned goodies.
It looks fantastic.

Upstairs, I've been making habanero-orange marmalade...

Five pints of habanero-orange marmalade! I know, it's
dark, isn't it? But it tastes fantastic and spicy.
I think even Paddington Bear would appreciate  it.


Honey-zucchini cake


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...